Track & Field
GENERAL RULES FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD 2017
- Only athletes competing in their respective club colours will count for any team competition.
- Athletes entering for an event and failing to report, without prior warning or a medical certificate will be liable to a fine of R30. In addition, depending on the competition, points may be deducted from their club.
- Unless otherwise stated, where a programme for a meeting provides for heats and finals, if there are no heats the final will take place at the time and date set aside for the final.
- Athletes must report to the competition area 15 min before the advertised starting time of their event and remain in the vicinity unless advised otherwise by the officials. Where there are several heats, athletes must report 15 min before the FIRST heat, otherwise they will be regarded as a no-show and will not be allowed to compete.
- In any middle distance event (i.e. 1500m and longer), any athlete who uses an event as a time trial (ie enters for an event longer than the distance which she or he intends to complete), without informing the starter and the other athletes prior to the start of that event shall be liable to a fine of up to R500 and possible suspension from other middle distance events for no longer than three WPA track & field meetings. In the event of such behavior during an interclub meeting, any points earned by that athlete during that meeting will be forfeited and that athlete may be barred from taking part further in the meeting.
- WPA is NOT responsible for providing safety pins.
STANDARDS FOR SELECTION FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD TEAMS TO THE SOUTH AFRICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Athletes, who wish to be selected for the teams, must compete actively at WPA meetings during the 2017 domestic season, as all performances at these meetings will be taken into account by the selectors.
- It is compulsory for all athletes wishing to be selected for the, Youth (u18) and Junior (u20) teams, to compete at the WPA, Youth and Junior Track and Field Championships to be held on 2,3 and 4th March 2017 and for the Senior team to compete at the WPA Senior Track and Field Championships on 16,17,and 18 March 2017. At the Championships, athletes must compete in the event(s) for which they want to be selected.
- Should an athlete be unable to compete at the WP Championships, but wishes to be considered for selection, she or he must inform the selectors immediately, in writing, giving reasons, (and where necessary enclose copies of medical documentation), along with full contact details, and coach contact details prior to the Championships.
- Only athletes who are members of WPA clubs and who possess a 2017 license may be selected for WPA teams.
- In terms of ASA rules only South African citizens may compete at the national championships and therefore be selected for WPA teams for those championships.
- Athletes competing in the multi-events (decathlon, heptathlon) must note that the provincial championship for the multi-events take place on 16 and17 March 2017.
- Athletes born in 2000 or 2001 will be eligible to be selected for the under 18 age group
- Athletes born in 1998 or 1999 will be eligible to be selected for the under 20 age group .
- The teams will be announced after the end of the relevant championships and athletes who believe they have a chance of selection are to be present when the teams are announced.
- Only performances set after 1 January 2017 will be taken into account in selecting teams.
- Standards have been set based on national and provincial standards, which should serve as a guideline to athletes. It must be stressed that, subject to 13 below are minimum standards and that the attainment of these standards will not mean automatic selection. It is unlikely, although not impossible, that an athlete who has not achieved these standards may be chosen to represent Western Province.
- Any athlete who achieves the selection standard AND wins the Western Province title in that event shall automatically be selected for that event.
- A maximum of 3 athletes per event will be selected, unless there are exceptional circumstances
2017 League 2
2017 League 3
2017 WPA Junior Meet Program 4 Feb
2017 WPA Junior Champs Time Table 2017
2017 WPA SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS AND ME Timetable
2016 Open Meeting Oct 22 NS Events
2016 Open Meeting Nov 12 - GP
2016 Summer Series Parow - Provisional Timetable
TAK Timetable Primary Schools 2016
TAK PS Entry Form 2016
Tygerberg NLC PS Info - 2016
Little Athletics Championship Programme - 26 November 2016
Little Athletics Championship Entry Form - Green Point - 26 November 2016
2016 Distance Running Meeting - 3 December 2016
Leo Benning Masters Challenge Programme 2016/2017
Throws Pentathlon Entry Form 2016
Throws Pentathlon Programme 03122016
WPA Open Meeting - 12 Nov 2016
Tygerberg Primary Schools Results - 05 Nov 2016
Senior Open Meeting Results - 22 Oct 2016
Multi Events Results – 19 & 20 Feb 2016
WPA League 1 Results – 13 Feb 2016
WPA League 2 Results - 27 Feb 2016
WPA League 3 Results - 9 March 2016
ASA Junior & U/23 Championship Results - Germiston
ASA Junior & U/23 Championship - Medals Table
WPA Top Ten Interclub Meeting Results - 09 Apr 2016
SPAAC 2016 Final Results, Track plus Combined
WP Junior Meeting Results – 6 Feb 2016
2016 Results Open Meeting 23 Jan 2016
2017 Track & Field Fixtures Final
WPA Selection Standards 2017
WPA Records as at 15 Sept 2016
2017 General Rules & Selection Guidelines
2016 ASA Selection Criteria
2016 Top Ten Timetable
2015 Top Ten Rules
2015 Top Ten Entry Form
Track & Field Stats - Men Track 2015
Track & Field Stats-Men Field 2015
Track & Field Stats-Women Field 2015
Track & Field Stats-Women Track 2015
2016 - 2017 Commission Members
||Ms Mariana Meyer
||Mr Stephen Daniels
||Mr Mandy Skinner
||Ms Adri Jordaan
||Mr Jacob Mfini
||Mr Wesley Neumann
||Mr Cedric Van Wyk
||Mr Alex Williams