A request from K-Way VOB to please share these final instructions for the Grape Run this Sunday.
Thank you for entering the 2015 Grape Run. We would like to bring some things to your attention regarding this year’s race;
1. The route has changed. You will find that the start sets off in the opposite direction to that of last year, and immediately proceeds into Spaanschemat River road. The actual start line is now further up Constantia Main road towards Constantia.
2. At the start of the race there is always a little congestion. Please obey the instructions from the marshals, and keep to the side of the road. We are not allowed to occupy both lanes.
3. Please do not leave any valuables in your vehicles, no matter where you park.
4. The wine farms do not permit bicycles, so there will be no lead cyclists at all. Please follow the bright orange ribbons used to demarcate the route.
5. Trail shoes are not required, but due to recent rain, runners on the 21km route might find it preferable to use trail shoes if they have them. Road shoes do suffice though.
6. The finish is at the Alphen Community Centre and not on the False Bay Rugby club fields as in the past.
7. Number collection (registration) is at any of the following venues during the times specified:
· Cape Union Mart Canal Walk Adventure Centre from 11:00 to 15:00 on Friday 16th October 2015
· Cape Union Mart Constantia from 11:00 to 15:00 on Saturday 17th October 2015.
· There will be limited registration for runners at the Alphen Centre after 04:45 on the race day
We hope you enjoy your race!
On behalf of K-Way VOB