TRACK AND FIELD
| WPA Open and Combined Events 2012 - 2013|
WPA Track and Field fixture list 2013
WPA Master Entry Form
Clive Truter Memorial Series Program 2012 - 2013
Collison Cup 2012 - 2013
Tygerburger Frans du Toit Memorial meeting Results
WPA Track &Field Meeting Results
2012 Tygerberg NLC Summer Series
GENERAL RULES FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD
1. Only athletes competing in their respective club or school colours will count for any team competition.
2. Athletes entering for an event and failing to report, without prior warning or a medical certificate will be liable to a fine of R30. In addition, depending on the competition, points may be deducted from their club.
3. Unless otherwise stated, where a programme for a meeting provides for heats and finals, if there are no heats the final will take place at the time and date set aside for the final.
4. Athletes must report to the competition area 15 min before the advertised starting time of their event (10 min for the Collison Cup series) and remain in the vicinity unless advised otherwise by the officials. Where there are several heats, athletes must report 15 min before the FIRST heat, otherwise they will be regarded as a no-show and will not be allowed to compete.
5. In any middle distance event (i.e. 1500m and longer), any athlete who uses an event as a time trial (ie enters for an event longer than the distance which she or he intends to complete), without informing the starter and the other athletes prior to the start of that event shall be liable to a fine of up to R500 and possible suspension from other middle distance events for no longer than six WPA track & field meetings. In the event of such behaviour during an interclub meeting, any points earned by that athlete during that meeting will be forfeited and that athlete may be barred from taking part further in the meeting.
6. WPA is NOT responsible for providing safety pins.
STANDARDS FOR SELECTION FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD TEAMS TO THE SOUTH AFRICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
1. Athletes who wish to be selected for the teams, must compete actively at WPA meetings during the 2013 domestic season, as all performances at these meetings will be taken into account by the selectors.
2. It is compulsory for all athletes wishing to be selected for the Youth (u18) or Junior (u20) teams, to compete at the WPA Youth & Junior Track and Field Championships to be held on 7 , 8 & 19 March 2013 and for the Senior team to compete at the WPA Senior Track and Field Championships on 14, 15 & 16 March 2013. At the Championships, athletes must compete in the event/s for which they want to be selected.
3. Should an athlete be unable to compete at the WP Championships, but wishes to be selected, she or he must inform the selectors immediately and prior to the Championships.
4. Only athletes who are members of WPA clubs and who possess a 2013 licence may be selected for WPA teams.
5. In terms of ASA rules only South African citizens may compete at the national championships and therefore be selected for WPA teams for those championships.
6. Athletes competing in the multi-events (decathlon, octathlon, heptathlon and pentathlon) must note that the provincial championship for the multi- events take place on 22 & 23 February 2013
7. Athletes born in 1996 or 1997 will be eligible to be selected for the under 18 age group
8. Athletes born in 1994 or 1995 will be eligible to be selected for the under 20 age group
9. The teams will be announced after the end of the relevent championships and athletes who believed they have a chance of selection are to be present when the teams are announced
10. Only performances set after 1 January 2013 will be taken into account in selecting teams
11. Tentative standards have been set based on national and provincial standards, which should serve as a guideline to athletes. It must be stressed ,that these are minimum standards and that the attainment of these standards will not mean automatic selection. It is unlikely, although not impossible, that an athlete who has not achieved these standards may be chosen to represent Western Province.
12. Any athlete who achieves the selection standard AND wins the Western Province title in that event shall automatically be selected for that event.
7. A maximum of 3 athletes per event will be selected, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
WPA Selectoin Guidelines
WPA Team Selectoin Guidelines
2013 Commission Member
|Chaiperson ||Cedrik Van wyk||073 732 8597||cgvanwyk05@gmail|
|Vice Chairperson ||Mariana Meyer||082 777 email@example.com|
| ||Stephen Daniels ||084 694 firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||Samantha Jacobs||083 997 4077||Samantha.Jacobs@santam.co.za|
| ||Adri Jordaan||083 639 email@example.com|
| ||Stanley Malange||076 470 firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||Alan Nelson||083 272 email@example.com|
| ||Jacob Mfini||082 746 firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||Mandy Skinner||083 604 email@example.com|
| ||Ricardo Wells ||072 574 firstname.lastname@example.org|
| ||Pieter Voster ||084 922 9002||PVOR@chevron.com|
| Selectors|| |
|Mariana Meyer||082 777 email@example.com|
|Marcel Otto||082 414 7071||Marcel@indigobrands.com|
|Julie Longdon ||072 172 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jacob Mfini ||082 746 email@example.com|